Ironically the one virtue from Bhakti yoga that I am trying to live by for the last few months is so hard, and is just getting harder by the day. May be I was supposed to learn a lesson from this, because many of us tend to learn lessons the hard way :)
It is the 15th verse in Bhakti Yoga, Chapter 12 of Gita:
yasmAnnodvijate lokaH lokAnnodvijate ca yaH|
harShAmarShabhayodvegaiH mukto yaH sa ca me priyaH||
Meaning:
"One who does not disturb or agitate the world, one who does not get disturbed or agitated by the world, and one who is free from jubilation, impatience/envy, fear and anxiety is very dear to Me," says Krishna.
No one understands you as who you are; most often they interpret you as someone totally different, convenient to their perspective. In any relationship, there are expectations unstated, that you may not be willing to live up to. Once you hit that soft spot, the relationship is bound to deteriorate. You become agitated and you leave the one at the other end agitated as well.
Well, there is no one who likes anyone more than their own self. So our first quest should be to be in peace with one's own self :)
We don't fully know the nature of our own self :0 I am capable of actions that I did not know I was capable of. In fact trying to live up to this verse, I have realized how much intolerant of everyone and their behavior I truly can be. I was thinking all along that I was a very tolerant person, ha ha!!
Getting in to my shell to reflect and meditate upon, so that the solution is revealed and discovered by my self. Happy solitude until then.
It is the 15th verse in Bhakti Yoga, Chapter 12 of Gita:
yasmAnnodvijate lokaH lokAnnodvijate ca yaH|
harShAmarShabhayodvegaiH mukto yaH sa ca me priyaH||
Meaning:
"One who does not disturb or agitate the world, one who does not get disturbed or agitated by the world, and one who is free from jubilation, impatience/envy, fear and anxiety is very dear to Me," says Krishna.
No one understands you as who you are; most often they interpret you as someone totally different, convenient to their perspective. In any relationship, there are expectations unstated, that you may not be willing to live up to. Once you hit that soft spot, the relationship is bound to deteriorate. You become agitated and you leave the one at the other end agitated as well.
Well, there is no one who likes anyone more than their own self. So our first quest should be to be in peace with one's own self :)
We don't fully know the nature of our own self :0 I am capable of actions that I did not know I was capable of. In fact trying to live up to this verse, I have realized how much intolerant of everyone and their behavior I truly can be. I was thinking all along that I was a very tolerant person, ha ha!!
Getting in to my shell to reflect and meditate upon, so that the solution is revealed and discovered by my self. Happy solitude until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment